“There is nothing as powerful as a changed mind.” –T.D. Jakes
There are few places as exhilarating to the senses as South Beach in Miami on New Year’s Eve. Definitely not a time or place for introverts, though the people watching is amazing. So many cultures, personalities, flavors, dancing, music, and moods, all melding together in a cauldron of high energy and celebration.
Last night was epic, ringing in the new year with my wife and 6-year-old son next to the waves of the Atlantic Ocean, slightly removed from the madness of party-central South Beach, but close enough to enjoy the high-octane energy of the night. This morning my mind was clear with goals and well-wishes of greatness for family, friends, and readers wanting to make the most of the upcoming year.
The power of a solid morning routine in creating an accomplished day (and life) cannot be overstated. For the most part, my morning routine involves waking up earlier than anyone in the house and finding a few moments of solitude to think, read, and enjoy a hot cup of coffee (cream no sugar).
From time-to-time ideas that I call Morning Coffee Thoughts – mantras, aphorisms, and affirmations of well-being – pop into my mind. This morning, the first morning of the new year, sparked 17 positive thoughts of sincere well-wishes for each and every one.
Some of these thoughts may resonate strongly with your being, others may not. Choose one or choose several…and allow them to help guide you toward a better life in the coming year.
Here are 17 for ’17…a collection of constructive and powerful well-wishes directly from me to you. Enjoy, and if you feel these are of benefit, please share!
1) May you maintain a mindset of optimism, confidence, and clarity from this day forward.
2) May your health, in all aspects, be a top priority.
3) May you conquer personal fears that have been holding you back, causing hesitation along your journey to achieving greater things.
4) May abundant love, with no fear of hurt, harm, or limitation, follow you daily.
5) May you be methodical in your pursuits, realizing all great things are built piece-by-piece, regardless whether the pieces are observable in physical form or not.
6) May you experience regular and restful days of simple joy.
7) May a persistent feeling of inner-peace be your constant companion regardless what is going on around you.
8) May your greatest gifts become so obvious you have no choice but to embrace and develop them.
9) May your territory be enlarged, protected, and used for greater good.
10) May humility be maintained as your greatness grows.
11) May you experience new travels, foods, and cultures with an open mind.
12) May balance be your lifestyle, not a needed vacation to recovery from everyday life.
13) May your friendships be easy, respectful, and supportive.
14) May alone time daily inspire impactful moments to think, renew, and give thanks.
15) May you find peace in being still.
16) May your work, play, and rest integrate seamlessly, leaving nothing undone that needs to be done.
17) May you share your greatness with the world and be abundantly compensated, in many ways, even without expectation of compensation.
I sincerely hope these well-wishes may be helpful in guiding your toward your best year ever in 2017. We’re in this together, seeking peace, prosperity, and potential-fulfilled. Let’s choose consistent optimistic realism and have a blast.
Thank you for reading…wishing wellness and empowerment your way,